Application Support Engineers ensure efficient software application performance at a company. They evaluate and document processes, suggest application improvements, and diagnose and repair faults. Their duties include scheduling software updates.
When interviewing Application Support Engineers, outstanding candidates will possess extensive experience in software application support, combined with excellent problem-solving skills. Be wary of candidates who lack communication skills and those with limited experience in providing front end support.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Application Support Engineers:
1. Which steps do you take to ensure that applications are user-friendly?
Evaluates whether the candidate has the required insight and knowledge.
2. Can you describe a time when you resolved a back end application error?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving skills and knowledge.
3. Can you share troubleshooting tips you often use to fix code migration issues?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience with generally occurring challenges.
4. A client complains that updates are inconveniently timed. How do you respond?
Assesses problem-solving and interpersonal skills, as well as their experience.
5. Which support training do you find works best with application releases?
Reveals the candidate's insight into the need for training when introducing new applications.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources