Analytics Managers extract and analyze big data for companies in an effort to provide them with valuable insights and ensure that they reach their business objectives. Look for candidates who have proven leadership skills and a strong background in analytics. Avoid those who seem disorganized and poor interpersonal skills.
Interview Questions for Analytics Managers
1. Can you describe a time when you provided an analytics solution that helped a company to improve its performance and reduce costs?
Demonstrates candidate's prior work history, ingenuity, and communicative ability.
2. Have you ever built a data modeling system from scratch? If so, please describe the process.
Tests candidate's job knowledge and ability to use relevant applications and software.
3. Can you describe an effective approach to ensuring the confidentiality of data?
Shows understanding of data protection policies and procedures.
4. How would you handle an employee that was producing sub-standard work?
Tests interpersonal skills and ability to offer guidance and support.
5. What challenges have you encountered while working with big data? How did you resolve them?
Demonstrates critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and ability to advance skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources