After-school Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic after-school teacher to join our after-school program. In this role, you'll be in charge of overseeing and planning daily activities, preparing learning materials, and helping students with homework. You'll also create progress reports to inform parents about their child's studies and personal development.
To ensure success as an after-school teacher, you should be able to encourage social, physical, and intellectual growth within children and possess a strategic mindset. Ultimately, a top-notch after-school teacher should be a friendly, approachable individual with a passion for teaching and excellent communication skills.
After-school Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning, preparing, and implementing an approved curriculum that includes language studies, math, art, or social studies.
- Overseeing daily lesson plans and activities that focus on developing children's social and motor skills.
- Assisting children with assignments and homework, such as reading, writing, and math.
- Preparing learning materials and equipment, such as books, arts and crafts, stationery, and other supplies as needed.
- Interacting with children to provide guidance, emotional support, and motivation to complete tasks.
- Creating monthly or quarterly progress reports to monitor children's scholastic development and personal growth.
- Meeting with parents to discuss their children's performance and any areas in need of improvement.
- Maintaining an organized and clean classroom environment and ensuring students conduct themselves appropriately.
- Ensuring that all school rules, policies, and guidelines are adhered to in the classroom.
After-school Teacher Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in teaching, early childhood education, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working as an after-school teacher, teaching assistant, or a similar role.
- Ability to foster a fun and safe classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Strong knowledge of child behavior and learning patterns.
- Ability to work with children and remain friendly, calm, and patient at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set rules and guidelines for children to follow.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to maintain a tidy and neat classroom.