Advertising Managers direct a company’s advertising activities and staff members as develop creative, consistent brand-specific ad campaigns. They supervise and work with other employees, establish project goals, and monitor, approve, and evaluate a project’s status and impact.
Advertising Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a decisive, organized Advertising Manager to oversee operations and direct staff members in our advertising staff as they develop unique and exciting campaigns. The Advertising Manager will collaborate with clients and advertising staff to establish project objectives, delegate tasks to appropriate team members, direct research, analyze data, and evaluate projects to ensure they meet the expectations of the client, properly represent the brand, and achieve the desired results. They may also assist with the hiring and employee evaluation process.
To be a successful Advertising Manager, you should be focused on raising awareness and building interest in the products and services you represent. You should be a detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative problem solver with outstanding communication and project management skills.
Advertising Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing advertising department operations and staff members.
- Working with staff members, clients, or an ad agency to establish and meet projects goals and establish and enforce budgets and timelines.
- Developing advertising strategies to increase buyer interest in products or services.
- Monitoring project progress from planning to execution to ensure it remains focused and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Negotiating contracts specifications and terms with clients or other external parties.
- Initiating and directing research efforts.
- Collecting and analyzing data and presenting it to other parties, including management and clients.
- Participating in the hiring and evaluating employees within the advertising department.
- Providing expert advice on marketing and advertising methods for new or existing products or services.
Advertising Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in relevant field, management experience may be preferred.
- Understanding of design and marketing principles and techniques.
- Ability to develop strategies based on industry trends and developments.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, especially when working with multiple projects/teams.
- Excellent management, negotiation, listening, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Decisiveness and strong problem solving skills, especially under stress.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Solid sales and presentation skills.
- Additional skills, experience, or expertise may be strongly desired or required.