Accounts Assistants are employed by accounting firms, banks, insurance companies, and educational institutions to perform clerical and basic accounting duties. They update journals and ledgers, file financial records and important documentation, as well as identify and resolve errors in financial records.
Accounts Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an efficient and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant to assist our accounting firm with all clerical and basic accounting tasks. The Accounts Assistant's responsibilities include updating our client records, responding to clients' inquiries in a timely manner, and filing pertinent documentation. You should also be able to review and calculate employee reimbursements for necessary work-related expenses.
To be successful as an Accounts Assistant, you should be well-organized and knowledgeable of accounting principles and practices. Ultimately, an outstanding Accounts Assistant should be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients as well as demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- Analyzing financial records to identify errors and discrepancies.
- Preparing year-end financial reports to evaluate the financial performance of companies.
- Regularly updating all accounting ledgers and journals.
- Performing reconciliations of clients’ bank accounts to ensure accuracy of cash records.
- Entering clients' transactional data into the appropriate accounting program.
- Recording clients' petty cash transactions in the petty cash journal.
- Ensuring that all office expenditure remains within budget.
Backing up all office and client records to prevent loss of data.
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as an Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, or similar role.
- Working knowledge of accounting terminology and procedures.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and accounting software.
- The ability to multitask.
- Basic bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sound customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources