Youth Sports Coaches design and teach basic sports strategies to an assigned group of youngsters. Their job is to preside over all team activities and to teach valuable sporting skills such as teamwork, fair play, and sportsmanship.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Youth Sports Coach Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic and responsible Youth Sports Coach to provide a fun and safe sporting experiencing for our youths. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing basic sports strategies, scheduling team practices and games, and ensuring all team members get equal playing time.
To ensure success as a Youth Sports Coach, you should have extensive experience working with youths, knowledge of basic sports strategies, and good communication skills. A top-class Youth Sports Coach ensures all youth team members enjoy an engaging and uplifting sporting experience.
Youth Sports Coach Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing sporting strategies.
- Scheduling and running team practice sessions.
- Maintaining sports equipment.
- Scheduling and presiding over games.
- Working to improve team unity and sportsmanship.
- Ensuring all team members get equal playing time.
- Emphasizing skills development including safety, fair play, and sportsmanship.
- Setting realistic and age-appropriate expectations for team members.
- Ensuring proper sideline behavior from team members and parents.
- Ensuring the safety of the team during practice sessions and games.
Youth Sports Coach Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- ASEP certification.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Proven work experience as a Youth Sports Coach.
- Youth teaching experience preferable.
- Passion for youth development.
- In-depth knowledge of sporting strategies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Patient and understanding.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources