Interview Questions for Youth Sports Coaches:
1. What skills do you think youth sports coaches need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of the coaching post and highlights pertinent skills.
2. How would you ensure all team members feel included and excited to play?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of sports and team-building strategies.
3. How would you deal with parents who feel your coaching methods are flawed?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal and managerial skills.
4. How would you deal with a situation where the team spirit breaks down during a game?
Demonstrates the candidate’s motivational skills.
5. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a youth sports coach?
Reveals honesty and highlights potential gaps in knowledge.