Youth Sports Coaches teach youths the skills and strategies involved in sports games. Their job is to teach youths the necessary skills to play sports and to ensure that youngsters enjoy a safe, engaging, and rewarding sporting experience.
When interviewing Youth Sports Coaches, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with youngsters, advanced knowledge of sporting strategies, and good interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates who display poor communication skills and those with health problems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Youth Sports Coaches:
1. What skills do you think Youth Sports Coaches need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of the coaching post and highlights pertinent skills.
2. How would you ensure all team members feel included and excited to play?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of sports and team-building strategies.
3. How would you deal with parents who feel your coaching methods are flawed?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal and managerial skills.
4. How would you deal with a situation where the team spirit breaks down during a game?
Demonstrates the candidate’s motivational skills.
5. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a Youth Sports Coach?
Reveals honesty and highlights potential gaps in knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources