X-Ray Technicians take x-rays of patients' internal anatomy to aid Physicians in diagnosing illnesses, diseases, or injuries. They explain x-ray procedures to patients and ensure that patients are exposed to limited amounts of radiation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
X-Ray Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated and skilled X-Ray Technician to take quality x-rays of patients’ bones, soft tissues, or organs as instructed by patients' Physicians. The X-Ray Technician's responsibilities include monitoring radiology supplies, attending mandatory staff meetings and training sessions, and ensuring that the x-ray machines are set at the correct radiation levels. You should also ensure that all x-ray rooms are clean and tidy at all times.
To be successful as an X-Ray Technician, you should be compassionate toward patients and able to lift or move patients with mobility issues. Ultimately, an exceptional X-Ray Technician should be able to work in a fast-paced environment as well as demonstrate excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
X-Ray Technician Responsibilities:
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing Physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per Physicians’ written orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
X-Ray Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology, Radiology, or a related field.
- Certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Proven experience working as an X-Ray Technician.
- The ability to move or lift patients.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A patient and compassionate disposition.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources