Wedding Planner Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an energetic and detail-oriented wedding planner to assist clients in coordinating and executing successful weddings. The wedding planner’s responsibilities include obtaining quotes from vendors, ensuring that budget changes are incorporated into clients’ wedding plans accordingly, and collecting payments from clients for the services provided. You should also be able to create a time-line of all wedding-day activities for each client to ensure that everything remains on schedule.
To be successful as a wedding planner, you should be methodical and adept at handling difficult or stressful situations. Ultimately, a top-notch wedding planner should keep abreast of the latest wedding trends as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, organization, and customer service skills.
Wedding Planner Responsibilities:
- Conducting initial consultations with clients to discuss the wedding packages available, the type of wedding desired, and their wedding budget.
- Conferring with clients to discuss wedding details, including venue options as well as entertainment, catering, and decoration preferences.
- Scheduling meetings with clients to tour suitable wedding venues and meet with vendors, such as florists, photographers, caterers, bakers, and invitation designers.
- Negotiating contracts with selected vendors and making payments as required.
- Ensuring that wedding and rehearsal dinner invitations, as well as wedding programs and place cards, are printed on time.
- Arranging for necessary wedding supplies and equipment to be transported to the wedding venue in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that clients' wedding gifts and personal property are packed away and secured in an assigned vehicle or storage room.
- Monitoring all wedding-day activities to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Wedding Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management or related field is advantageous.
- Certification through the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners (AACWP) is preferred.
- Proven wedding or event planning experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of different religions and religious practices.
- Strong networking and negotiating skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, and creative.