Vice Chancellors hold leadership positions at tertiary institutions. They serve on councils, ensure that academic and administrative goals are met, and help the university maintain a positive image.
When interviewing Vice Chancellors, look for those with good managerial skills. Avoid those who are uninspiring and lack leadership qualities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Vice Chancellors:
1. What are the hallmarks of a well-run tertiary institution?
Tests the candidate’s understanding of the role.
2. Can you describe the leadership positions you have held?
Evaluates the candidate’s leadership skills and strengths.
3. A faculty member approaches you with a serious problem. How do you proceed?
Assesses problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
4. How would you go about preparing a university budget and allocating resources?
Highlights planning, organizational, and management skills.
5. Can you describe how you would issue a statement to the press?
Shows preparation techniques and the ability to deal with the media.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources