Interview Questions for Vice Chancellors:
1. What are the hallmarks of a well-run tertiary institution?
Tests the candidate’s understanding of the role.
2. Can you describe the leadership positions you have held?
Evaluates the candidate’s leadership skills and strengths.
3. A faculty member approaches you with a serious problem. How do you proceed?
Assesses problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
4. How would you go about preparing a university budget and allocating resources?
Highlights planning, organizational, and management skills.
5. Can you describe how you would issue a statement to the press?
Shows preparation techniques and the ability to deal with the media.