Veterinary Nurses collaborate with Veterinarians, Kennel Attendants, and other stakeholders to deliver animal-centered healthcare services. Veterinary Nurses also provide owners with informative and emotionally supportive services to ultimately promote the animals' welfare.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Veterinary Nurse Job Description Template
We are searching for an openly communicative Veterinary Nurse to bolster our practice's health-promoting efforts. The Veterinary Nurse should administer predetermined examinations and treatments, prepare surgical sites, and assist our Veterinarians with pertinent medical procedures. You should also issue pet owners with helpful educational and emotional support.
To ensure success as a Veterinary Nurse, you should be adept at routine diagnostic, surgical assisting, and quarantining procedures. Invariably, a brilliant Veterinary Nurse will display thoughtful collaboration and interpersonal techniques.
Veterinary Nurse Responsibilities:
- Conducting screening procedures, including auscultation and sample procurement.
- Administering requisite treatments, as directed.
- Disinfecting medical implements, surgical rooms, and transportation devices.
- Aiding our Veterinarians during invasive and non-invasive procedures and protocols.
- Consoling unsettled animals with urgency.
- Boosting pet owners' knowledge about routine and specialized caring procedures.
- Delivering steadfast emotional support to the animal owners, particularly throughout distressing periods.
Veterinary Nurse Requirements:
- Degree in Veterinary Nursing or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a Veterinary Nurse.
- Proven experience in animal-centered advocacy programs is ideal.
- Knowledgeable about responsible quarantine procedures.
- Well-honed surgical etiquette.
- A decisive, communicative, and innovative disposition.
- Thoughtfulness about animals' well-being.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources