Verification Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled verification engineer to develop and institute verification methodology for our products. As a verification engineer, you will be responsible for designing the testing methodology, selecting appropriate testing environments, designing test plans, selecting testing tools, and writing up test procedures. You may also be required to conduct quality control inspections and train QC staff.
To ensure success as a verification engineer, you should possess in-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering and excellent analytical skills. A top-class verification engineer will be able to analyze products and create reliable and thorough testing procedures to determine their functionality.
Verification Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with product designers to determine functionality protocols.
- Reviewing the product designs and noting likely points of failure.
- Designing verification methodology based on product designs and failure points.
- Determining testing environments and verification tools.
- Reviewing existing engineering criteria for similar products.
- Building and calibrating electrical instruments and testing tools.
- Planning the method of sequence for testing operations.
- Instituting and tweaking testing mechanisms and protocols.
- Conducting quality control inspections.
- Writing up final test procedures and training QC staff.
Verification Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Previous experience as a verification engineer.
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control procedures.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical testing systems and tools.
- Detailed knowledge of testing methodology.
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing procedures.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- A good eye for detail.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.