Test Engineers are responsible for designing and implementing the tests that ensure the quality and the functionality of a product. They are involved in all phases of the testing program, from designing the test parameters to troubleshooting errors, and writing up final test procedures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Test Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Test Engineer to design and implement quality-check procedures for our products. As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing the product features, designing test parameters, creating customized quality checks, and writing up final test procedures for the quality technicians.
To ensure success as a Test Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of engineering and product design, a good eye for detail, and the ability to think out of the box. Ultimately, a top-level Test Engineer can create simple yet thorough quality-check procedures to ensure the peak performance of a product.
Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the product design team to determine product testing parameters.
- Writing test plans and creating test cases for the product.
- Conducting quality assurance and designing performance tests using the new testing procedures.
- Troubleshooting any errors and streamlining the testing procedures.
- Writing up the final QA and test procedures for the quality technicians.
- Training the quality assurance staff and providing technical support when needed.
- Ensuring all tests and procedures meet company and industry standards.
- Preparing test reports for management.
Test Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Previous work experience as a Test Engineer.
- Familiarity with testing tools including Apache, Selenium, JMeter, TestStand, and LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of diagramming software including Gliffy, Microsoft Viso, and AutoCAD.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering and testing procedures.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to project manage.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think out of the box.
- High-level technical writing skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources