Test Engineers are skilled Quality Assurance Engineers that develop and implement testing procedures designed to ensure the functionality and quality of a product. They design tests and quality checks based on product parameters and then draw up testing procedures that adhere to industry standards.
When interviewing Test Engineers, the ideal candidate should have a background in engineering, good knowledge of software testing tools, and the ability to think out of the box. Be wary of candidates with poor technical writing skills and those with limited project-management experience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Test Engineers:
1. What information do you think is critical in creating testing procedures for a product?
Demonstrates understanding of quality analysis.
2. How would you go about designing testing procedures for a product you are not familiar with?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to think critically about product design and function.
3. What troubleshooting systems do you use to finalize your testing procedures?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of QA best practices.
4. How do you stay up to date with product and engineering knowledge?
Indicates a passion for knowledge and the desire to improve.
5. How do you ensure that the company staff are correctly trained on the testing procedures?
Shows how the candidate deals with stressful situations and reveals his or her interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources