Vendor Managers are employed by companies to manage vendor activities and maintain both new and existing vendor relationships. They identify suitable vendors, negotiate with vendors to secure the best prices for products and services, and ensure that vendors fulfill their contractual obligations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Vendor Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working Vendor Manager to assist our company in making sound purchasing decisions. Responsibilities include monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies, attending company meetings, and informing new vendors of their responsibilities. You should also be able to cancel vendor contracts should company vendors fail to perform adequately.
To be successful as a Vendor Manager, you should be detail-oriented and adept at negotiating vendor contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding Vendor Manager should be able to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Vendor Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others.
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors.
- Evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve them.
Vendor Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as a Vendor Manager.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel for work.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources