The purpose of a Materials Manager is to oversee the planning and coordination of a company’s inventory and purchasing departments. They are tasked with researching best prices, monitoring inventory levels, distributing supplies, and negotiating contracts. Also known as Purchasing Managers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Materials Manager Job Description:
Our growing business is searching for a qualified Materials Manager to oversee our inventory and purchasing operations. If you are an experienced and competent individual with in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures, then we’re looking for you! In this role, your duties will include maintaining budgets, analyzing materials, and researching vendors.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, material managers need in-depth knowledge of supply chain and budgeting processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring all our departments have adequate access to the materials they need.
Materials Manager Responsibilities:
- Research potential vendors and negotiate prices.
- Work with management to identify supply needs.
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and increase quantity.
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditure.
- Manage the distribution of supplies in the organization.
- Monitor inventory levels and access to the material.
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models.
- Oversee and support subordinates and new employees.
- Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity, and vendors.
- Design and maintain department budgets.
Materials Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven managerial experience is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Analytical mind with excellent problem-solving abilities.