Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Field Technicians install, maintain, and repair VFD units for HVAC systems and other electrical equipment. Their job is to drive to clients' locations and advise on repairs and system upgrades.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Variable Frequency Drive Field Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified VFD Field Technician to install and repair VFD systems for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, and commissioning of VFD units out in the field. You will also be required to respond to equipment breakdowns, conduct on-site repairs, perform preventative maintenance, and advise on equipment upgrades.
To ensure success as a VFD Field Technician, you should have in-depth knowledge of VFD systems, advanced electrical knowledge, and experience with sales. A top-class VFD Field Technician will be able to install, troubleshoot, and service any VFD unit without causing extended downtime for the client.
Variable Frequency Drive Field Technician Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their VFD electrical needs.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining stock levels.
- Reviewing electrical connections to ensure proper application of electrical equipment.
- Installing, troubleshooting, and commissioning VFD units at clients' locations.
- Providing basic VFD instructions and equipment training.
- Responding to equipment breakdowns.
- Testing, calibrating, and repairing damaged VFD units.
- Advising on equipment upgrades and pushing company sales.
- Maintaining field instrumentation and equipment.
- Completing work orders and maintaining strong customer relations.
Variable Frequency Drive Field Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Proven work experience as a VFD Field Technician.
- In-depth knowledge of VFD electrical systems.
- Detailed knowledge of PCL and SCADA/HMI codes.
- Experience with calibration devices and field metering equipment.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with high voltage electrical systems.
- Experience with sales.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources