Maintenance Electricians maintain and repair the electrical systems of residential and industrial buildings. Their job is to regularly inspect the premises, conduct routine maintenance, fix wiring faults, and install major electrical appliances.
When interviewing Maintenance Electricians, the most suitable candidate will have extensive knowledge of industrial electrical systems, good problem-solving skills, and be able to work unsupervised. Be wary of candidates with poor time-management skills and those who cannot work in confined spaces.
Interview Questions for Maintenance Electricians:
1. What made you want to work as a Maintenance Electrician?
Indicates a passion for the industry and the candidate’s inherent skills.
2. How do you diagnose wiring and electrical faults?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to problem solve.
3. What safety procedures do you put in place when conducting routine maintenance?
Indicates knowledge of national safety practices.
4. What was the most difficult electrical installation or repair you completed?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and reveals previous work experience.
5. How do you deal with rude or disgruntled building residents?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to deal with stressful situations and highlights their interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources