Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Field Technicians install, service, and repair VFD units for electrical systems out in the field.
When interviewing VFD Field Technicians, the ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of VFD units and high-voltage electrical systems. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Variable Frequency Drive Field Technicians:
1. What skills do you think VFD Field Technicians need to be successful?
Tests for a deeper understanding of the role and highlights pertinent skills.
2. What techniques should be used when assessing the clients' VFD equipment needs?
Tests the candidate’s analytical skills and electrical knowledge.
3. How would you ensure safety when installing or maintaining equipment out in the field?
Demonstrates knowledge of proper electrical safety practices.
4. How would you persuade a client to upgrade to a better VFD unit when conducting on-site repairs?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal and sales skills.
5. What was the most complex VFD installation job that you completed in your previous position?
Demonstrates previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources