A Urologist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions of the male and female urinary tract and of the male reproductive system. The Urologist focuses on the kidneys, uterus, urethra, urinary bladder, and all male reproductive organs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Urologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable Urologist to provide specialist care for male and female urinary tract conditions as well as conditions affecting the male reproductive organs. The Urologist's responsibilities include treating patients who have problems with their kidneys, adrenal glands, and bladders, and treating men who experience problems with their reproductive organs, prostate, and external genitalia.
To be successful as a Urologist, you should have a good working knowledge of male and female genitourinary organs as well as experience with a variety of medical treatment techniques. You should also be compassionate and sympathetic towards patients.
- Examining, diagnosing, and treating patient conditions and disorders of the genitourinary organs and tracts.
- Documenting and reviewing patients' histories.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Using specialized equipment, such as X-rays, fluoroscopes, and catheters.
- Performing abdominal, pelvic, or retroperitoneal surgeries when necessary.
- Treating lower urinary tract dysfunctions.
- Prescribing and administering antibiotics, antiseptics, or compresses to treat infections or injuries.
- Prescribing medications for patients with erectile dysfunction, infertility, or ejaculation problems.
- Providing Urology consultations or referring patients to specialists.
- Directing nurses, residents, or other staff.
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in Urology.
- A state license and certification to practice Urology.
- The ability to keep updated on the latest medical technologies.
- The flexibility to work irregular hours and remain on emergency call.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good teamworking, leadership, and organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources