UNIX System Administrators are responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer systems running on UNIX.
When interviewing UNIX System Administrators, the ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of UNIX systems and excellent troubleshooting skills. Be wary of candidates with limited experience with hardware systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for UNIX System Administrators:
1. What made you want to specialize in UNIX system management?
Highlights the candidate’s skills and system knowledge.
2. What are the advantages of using UNIX operating systems in a company environment?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of UNIX software and its uses.
3. What techniques should be used to identify and troubleshoot networking errors?
Demonstrates the candidate’s diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
4. What hardware and server systems are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals gaps in knowledge.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you installed or upgraded UNIX systems on a large scale?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights relevant industry skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources