UI Engineers, also referred to as User Interface Developers, design websites and applications with the user in mind. Their job is to think from a user’s perspective and design web applications that are attractive, easy to use, and extremely functional.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
UI Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented UI Engineer to create user-driven web applications for our company. As a UI Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of front-end applications that meet the needs of the user. In this role, you will meet with the design team to discuss application features, create application mockups, and write the code for final website design.
To ensure success as a UI Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end languages, excellent visualization skills, and good project management skills. A top-class UI Engineer will design and implement functional and aesthetically pleasing applications that perfectly meet the needs of the user.
UI Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design team to discuss application features and design ideas.
- Researching similar application designs and user interface modules.
- Creating website and application design mockups with enhanced UI features.
- Presenting updated front-end designs for final sign-off.
- Writing the front-end code and building the user interface.
- Debugging code errors and troubleshooting software issues.
- Conducting live application tests and tweaks.
- Updating web applications in line with user trends.
UI Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Design, or similar field.
- Previous experience as a UI Engineer.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools including Selenium, Jasmine, and Karma.
- In-depth knowledge of user interface models, application design, and website functionality.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools including InVision Studio, Balsamiq, and Sketch.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with relevant frameworks and databases.
- Knowledge of graphic design software including CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Good communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources