Typists are responsible for writing up various documents and materials for businesses. They convert handwritten or dictated material to digital documents, proofread written material for errors, and maintain and update document filing systems. They also perform clerical duties such as copying, printing, and managing emails.
When interviewing typists, look for candidates who are detail-oriented and able to type a variety of documents efficiently with few errors. Avoid candidate's who lack precision in their work or quick typing abilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Typists:
1. What administrative and typing duties did you perform in your previous role?
Assesses the candidate's work experience.
2. How many words per minute are you able to type?
Reveals the candidate's typing efficiency and technical skills.
3. How do you avoid spelling and grammatical errors in your work?
Explores the candidate's precision and proofreading techniques.
4. What types of word processing software are you familiar with?
Examines the candidate's technical knowledge.
5. How would you balance administrative duties with typist duties?
Explores the candidate's multitasking and time management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources