Interview Questions for Truck Dispatchers:
1. Can you share a few of your tips to plan time-efficient routes?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience with route planning.
2. A new customer calls with a delivery request. Which questions need to be asked?
Assesses the candidate's experience and their ability to obtain relevant information.
3. Tell me your steps to communicate special freight handling requests to drivers?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and determines whether they propose appropriate steps.
4. Which Transportation Management Software have you found works the best? Why?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of software used in the industry, or a lack thereof.
5. Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What happened?
Highlights the candidate's experience, as well as their interpersonal and problem-solving skills.