Truck Dispatchers coordinate the delivery and collection of freight. They ensure that accurate shipment details are obtained from customers, schedule truck drivers, and monitor drivers' logs. They are also required to generate freight bills and invoices.
When interviewing Truck Dispatchers, look for candidates with extensive experience in a similar role and the ability to ensure the timely arrival of dispatched trucks. Be wary of candidates who lack knowledge of Transportation Management Software and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Truck Dispatchers:
1. Can you share a few of your tips to plan time-efficient routes?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience with route planning.
2. A new customer calls with a delivery request. Which questions need to be asked?
Assesses the candidate's experience and their ability to obtain relevant information.
3. Tell me your steps to communicate special freight handling requests to drivers?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and determines whether they propose appropriate steps.
4. Which Transportation Management Software have you found works the best? Why?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of software used in the industry, or a lack thereof.
5. Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What happened?
Highlights the candidate's experience, as well as their interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources