Dispatchers answer phone calls and communicate with field units or departments to send the appropriate support. These professionals must be able to take the lead in situations that may be stressful. Their duties include answering calls, prioritizing daily schedules, and maintaining records.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dispatcher Interview Questions:
1. What is your method for dealing with a caller that is incoherent and confused?
Reveals the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
2. The accuracy of our dispatchers is important for our company’s success. How do you ensure your call logs and records are accurate and up-to-date?
Tests the candidate’s organizational skills.
3. What kind of dispatch equipment or software have you worked with?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge of dispatch equipment.
4. What important factors do you study before determining the appropriate scheduling actions?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to prioritize work.
5. Can you give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision without your supervisor? How did you handle it?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to work with little supervision.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources