Dispatcher Interview Questions:
1. What is your method for dealing with a caller that is incoherent and confused?
Reveals the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
2. The accuracy of our dispatchers is important for our company’s success. How do you ensure your call logs and records are accurate and up-to-date?
Tests the candidate’s organizational skills.
3. What kind of dispatch equipment or software have you worked with?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge of dispatch equipment.
4. What important factors do you study before determining the appropriate scheduling actions?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to prioritize work.
5. Can you give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision without your supervisor? How did you handle it?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to work with little supervision.