The purpose of a Dispatcher is to respond to a company’s emergency or non-emergency calls for help and information. Their duties include monitoring routes, updating call logs, and recording call information. Dispatchers usually work in the shipping or emergency service industry.
Dispatcher Job Description Template:
We are currently recruiting for a professional and reliable Dispatcher to act as our company’s first point of contact for emergency and non-emergency calls. In this position, you will be in charge of maintaining call logs, monitoring routes, transferring messages, and directing field units.
To excel in this position, all candidates should be able to multi-task in stressful conditions with little supervision. In addition to being an excellent communicator, the ideal candidate will also demonstrate superb organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls and document important information.
- Respond to any issues and follow-up by coordinating with the appropriate departments or field units.
- Operate and manage a multi-line telephone console system.
- Respond to queries related to products and deliveries.
- Use the radio, phone or computer to direct crews and other field units to the appropriate sites.
- Prioritize and organize calls according to urgency.
- Supervise the route and status of field units to prioritize their daily schedule.
- Maintain and update call logs, call records and other important documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of emergency processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with proven experience in data entry.
- Ability to work well under pressure.