Transportation Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized transportation coordinator to manage the shipment of items from the warehouse to the client. The transportation coordinator ensures that goods are delivered on time and undamaged.
To be successful as a transportation coordinator you must be able to multitask. A good transportation coordinator is in constant communication with various role players in the shipping process.
Transportation Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Plan delivery routes.
- Dispatch drivers to complete deliveries.
- Record shipment details on the computer system.
- Review driver logs.
- Respond to client feedback or complaints.
- Prepare payslips for drivers.
Transportation Coordinator Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- A degree in business management, logistics or a related field.
- Prior experience as a transport coordinator or a similar role.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy skills.