Travel Planner Job Description Template
We are searching for a driven and detail-oriented travel planner to join our fantastic agency. As a travel planner, you will deal directly with clients, booking hotels, flights, and excursions, and arranging suitable transportation for them. You should adopt a customer-centric approach and be willing to answer all questions and queries in a professional manner.
To be successful as a travel planner, you should have strong communication skills and be able to make effective recommendations based on the client's needs. Outstanding candidates should be able to make traveling as stress-free as possible for the client.
Travel Planner Responsibilities:
- Obtaining information from clients and making travel arrangements as per their specifications.
- Designing cost-effective travel packages that suit clients’ needs and budgets.
- Explaining flight, transportation, and accommodation options to clients.
- Making recommendations regarding travel safety, visas, and immunizations.
- Updating and recording all client information on the database.
- Booking excursions, flights, and hotels, as well as arranging transport according to client specifications.
- Negotiating the best rates with hotels, rental companies, tour guides, and restaurants.
- Answering all clients’ questions and addressing complaints in a timely manner.
- Conducting research, which may include visiting hotels, resorts, and restaurants.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and maintaining client confidentiality.
Travel Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in travel, tourism, or an equivalent.
- Personal travel experience will be advantageous.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- A good understanding of travel trends.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A personable manner and a willingness to help people.
- Ability to multitask, and work irregular hours when required.