Also called Travel Agents, Travel Planners help clients make travel arrangements. They typically work in an office environment, making reservations, booking flights, and arranging transport. Travel Planners may also visit holiday resorts and destinations to help clients make informed decisions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Travel Planner Job Description Template
We are searching for a driven and detail-oriented Travel Planner to join our fantastic agency. As a Travel Planner, you will deal directly with clients, booking hotels, flights, and excursions, and arranging suitable transportation for them. You should adopt a customer-centric approach and be willing to answer all questions and queries in a professional manner.
To be successful as a Travel Planner, you should have strong communication skills and be able to make effective recommendations based on the client's needs. Outstanding candidates should be able to make traveling as stress-free as possible for the client.
Travel Planner Responsibilities:
- Obtaining information from clients and making travel arrangements as per their specifications.
- Designing cost-effective travel packages that suit clients’ needs and budgets.
- Explaining flight, transportation, and accommodation options to clients.
- Making recommendations regarding travel safety, visas, and immunizations.
- Updating and recording all client information on the database.
- Booking excursions, flights, and hotels, as well as arranging transport according to client specifications.
- Negotiating the best rates with hotels, rental companies, tour guides, and restaurants.
- Answering all clients’ questions and addressing complaints in a timely manner.
- Conducting research, which may include visiting hotels, resorts, and restaurants.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and maintaining client confidentiality.
Travel Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Travel, Tourism, or an equivalent.
- Personal travel experience will be advantageous.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- A good understanding of travel trends.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A personable manner and a willingness to help people.
- Ability to multitask, and work irregular hours when required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources