Travel Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a well-traveled and insightful travel consultant to advise on and plan business and vacation itineraries. The travel consultant should meet with clients to determine their needs, and then select the most appropriate options given time and budget constraints. You should also inform clients of cancellation procedures and any applicable penalties.
To ensure success as a travel consultant, you should plan arrangements in accordance with clients' mobility and medical requirements. An outstanding travel consultant will monitor and tend to all queries within short turnaround times.
Travel Consultant Responsibilities:
- Responding to inquiries about our company's services and offerings.
- Determining each client's requirements, including destinations, length of stay, and transit time.
- Ensuring that clients pay the deposit before you commence with bookings.
- Informing clients about the cancellation policy, including salient dates and all penalties.
- Ascertaining and adhering to the available budget.
- Selecting the most appropriate transport based on the available finances, requisite departure and arrival times, and preferred duration of transit.
- Securing accommodation that is best suited to the budget and location of choice.
- Planning excursions based on each client's needs and interests.
- Accounting for mobility and medical needs during each phase of the trip planning process.
Travel Consultant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Qualification in tourism or similar is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a travel consultant, with expertise in local and international travel arrangements.
- Computer literate, with exceptional desktop research and professional writing skills.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, including communication, respect, and empathy.
- Ability to source the best quotes.
- A knack for delivering multiple outputs within tight turnaround times, as needed.
- Capacity to deliver commendable services that surpass clients' expectations.