Also known as travel clerks or reservationists, Reservation Agents provide booking and reservation services to customers. These services may include reserving hotel rooms, airline tickets, rental cars, or cruise cabins. They work with customers over the phone, in person, or via email and strive to provide excellent customer service.
Reservation Agent Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Reservation Agent to assist our customers with their booking needs. You will provide various planning and booking services, including answering customers’ questions, making travel suggestions, and booking rooms and tickets.
To be successful as a Reservation Agent you must be able to work with minimal supervision and have excellent customer service skills. Additionally, you should be able to up-sell and have excellent knowledge of deals and savings available to customers.
Reservation Agent Responsibilities:
- Assisting and advising customers who may be choosing from a variety of travel options.
- Making reservations for customers based on their various requirements and budgetary allowances.
- Checking the availability of accommodation or transportation on the customers’ desired travel dates.
- Helping plan travel itineraries by suggesting local tourist attractions and places of interest.
- Processing payments and sending confirmation details to customers.
- Sorting out any issues that may arise with bookings or reservations.
- Selling and promoting reservation services.
- Answering any questions customers might have about the reservation process.
- Up-selling, when appropriate, by informing customers of additional services or special packages, such as tour tickets, travel insurance, or upgraded seats/accommodations.
- Providing support to customers who may need to amend or cancel a reservation.
Reservation Agent Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) or Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), preferred.
- Experience working in sales or public relations, preferably in the hospitality or travel industries.
- Customer-service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Data entry experience.
- Flexible working hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources