Travel Counselors are experienced Travel Agents who help clients book flights and choose holiday destinations. Travel Counselors typically handle accommodation and transportation requirements, and may also provide advice regarding visas, immunizations, and travel safety.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Travel Counselor Job Description Template
We are searching for a professional and passionate Travel Counselor to join our excellent agency. The Travel Counselor will be required to prepare clients for local and international travel. You should be able to communicate well and answer questions or address concerns in person, or via email and telephone.
To be successful as a Travel Counselor, you should have in-depth knowledge on travel-related matters and be able to engage with a broad client base. Outstanding Travel Counselors should be friendly, efficient, and helpful.
Travel Counselor Responsibilities:
- Understanding clients’ travel requirements and asking relevant questions to gather as much information as possible.
- Outlining all options regarding possible destinations, flights, car rentals, accommodation and exchange rates, as well as discussing issues like safety and immunization with clients.
- Meticulously capturing all client information into databases.
- Booking flights and accommodation and arranging car rentals as per client specifications.
- Ensuring clients are provided with an itinerary and schedule where required.
- Answering all clients’ questions and addressing complaints as soon as possible.
- Reporting to the Travel Manager.
- Keeping all client information strictly confidential.
- Providing friendly service and building professional relationships with clients.
Travel Counselor Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of training.
- A relevant license or certification.
- Extensive experience in the travel industry and good geographical knowledge.
- Experience in customer service may be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong telephone and email etiquette.
- A personable matter and sharp attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources