Transportation Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced transportation analyst to evaluate and upgrade the efficiency of our transportation and supply chain network. In this role, you will be required to collect and interpret logistics data, evaluate the efficiency of transits, and identify streamlined transportation methods. You may also be required to meet with clients and draft statistical reports.
To be successful as a transportation analyst, you should be detail-orientated with a natural talent for statistics and numbers. Ultimately, a top-class transportation analyst is able to quickly identify logistics bottlenecks and devise cost-effective solutions to improve efficiency.
Transportation Analyst Responsibilities:
- Conducting transportation data analytics and cost research.
- Managing cost and benefit analysis for engineering projects.
- Overseeing transportation networks.
- Preparing monthly reports on operational and financial metrics.
- Developing metrics for transportation analysis.
- Conducting financial and variance analysis for expenses, services, and quality.
- Providing recommendations based on data analyses and research.
Transportation Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, logistics, or a related field.
- Previous experience as a transportation analyst or a similar role.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Thorough understanding of SQL
- Ability to project manage.
- Advanced report-writing skills.