Training consultants develop and optimize organizations' staff development and training programs. They evaluate existing training programs, align training programs with business objectives, and facilitate learning opportunities for various audiences. They also create course materials and teaching aids.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Training Consultant Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-driven training consultant to create training programs that develop and improve our employees' skills. You will be collaborating with functional experts to determine training goals, updating the contents of current training programs, and designing measurement and feedback tools.
To ensure success as a training consultant, you should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of training methods and extensive experience as a training consultant in a related industry. An accomplished training consultant will be someone whose expertise in teaching and learning enables optimized skills acquisition.
Training Consultant Responsibilities:
- Evaluating existing training and development programs.
- Revising, modifying, and updating training materials.
- Collaborating with internal departments to develop training materials that achieve defined learning outcomes.
- Creating course materials and teaching aids that support content delivery and skills assessments.
- Deploying feedback tools to assess the effectiveness of the curriculum.
- Tracking training outcomes and ensuring alignment to business objectives.
- Identifying individual and organizational obstacles to learning and facilitating interventions.
- Responding to trainee questions and adjusting course content as required.
- Facilitating the delivery of technology-based and multimedia-centered teaching.
- Developing performance evaluation feedback channels.
Training Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education, or a related discipline.
- At least three years' experience as a training consultant or a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of curriculum design, instructional methods, and training techniques.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in technology-based learning management systems (LMS).
- Proficiency in office software, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources