Traffic Marshalls work on construction sites and roadways to ensure the safe movement of large vehicles. They are responsible for maintaining security on-site, facilitating the movement of vehicles, and preserving public traffic routes.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Traffic Marshall Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Traffic Marshall to ensure the safe movement of vehicles on our site. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating the movement of cranes and heavy vehicles on-site, maintaining access control, and ensuring that all visitors adhere to site safety regulations. You may also be required to direct traffic on roadways when heavy vehicles enter and leave the worksite.
To ensure success as a Traffic Marshall, you should have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a high level of physical fitness. A top-class Traffic Marshall should be able to boost production rates by understanding traffic flow and communicating clearly with drivers.
Traffic Marshall Responsibilities:
- Maintaining security and surveillance on-site.
- Recording deliveries and managing the visitor logbook.
- Conducting visitor safety briefings and ensuring that the correct PPE is worn.
- Ensuring that drivers and workers adhere to health and safety regulations on-site.
- Facilitating the movement of cranes, dump trucks, and heavy vehicles on-site.
- Maintaining communications with the site office and heavy vehicle drivers.
- Ensuring the safe movement of vehicles into and out of the construction site.
- Preserving pedestrian and traffic routes outside of the site entrance.
- Directing road traffic when vehicles enter or exit the site.
- Responding to applicable ad hoc requests.
Traffic Marshall Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Marshall Ticket.
- Valid CSCS card.
- Proven work experience as a Traffic Marshall.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of state health and safety regulations.
- Excellent visual awareness.
- Physically fit and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to communicate using hand signals.
- Good attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources