Traffic Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented traffic coordinator to direct and monitor the flow of materials and resources through the company. The traffic coordinator’s responsibilities include tracking and disseminating information, creating schedules for the timely delivery of resources and materials, and identifying potential issues that may disrupt work schedules. You should also be able to prepare accurate progress reports for upper management.
To be successful as a traffic coordinator, you should have a working knowledge of project management software. Ultimately, an exceptional traffic coordinator should be adept at developing solutions for workflow delays.
Traffic Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Identifying opportunities to adjust and revise work processes in order to increase efficiency.
- Conducting daily meetings to ensure that staff is aware of looming deadlines.
- Preparing daily priority lists, weekly project status reports and project budgets.
- Regularly tracking and updating project statuses.
- Developing work schedules for various departments to ensure that projects and processes are on schedule.
- Communicating potential problems to project teams and recommending solutions.
- Creating timelines, instructions, and breakdowns for future projects.
- Informing project teams of any updates and changes as and when they occur.
Traffic Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound knowledge of project management software.
- Proven experience developing schedules and timelines for projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task.
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment.