Tractor Drivers are employed in the agricultural industry to drive tractors. Their daily duties vary depending on the time of year and type of farm, but they typically transport materials, plow fields, plant seeds, harvest crops, apply fertilizers, and perform tractor maintenance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tractor Driver Job Description Template
We are searching for a trustworthy Tractor Driver to join our crew. As a Tractor Driver, your responsibilities will include driving tractors, completing maintenance duties, and using farm implements to plow, plant, harvest, spray pesticides, and more. You will report to the Farm Manager and should be comfortable working alone for long periods.
To be successful as a Tractor Driver, you should have good concentration skills and excellent hand-eye coordination. Outstanding Tractor Drivers are detail-oriented and demonstrate strength as well as active listening skills.
Tractor Driver Responsibilities:
- Driving and carrying out regular maintenance and repairs of tractors and other farm implements.
- Operating tractors safely and efficiently.
- Performing inspections of tractors and attachments like graders, rollers, and plows, and ensuring they are well-lubricated.
- Using tractors to transport materials and pull or push agricultural equipment.
- Operating tractors with laser leveling equipment to prepare fields.
- Reporting any faults or concerns to the Farm Manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Remaining alert while driving and servicing the tractor, and maintaining the appropriate speed limit at all times.
- Completing minor repairs on tractor and farm equipment.
Tractor Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A relevant driver’s license.
- A completed apprenticeship or experience in a similar role.
- A relevant associate’s degree may be an advantage.
- The ability to identify and react appropriately to hazards.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Experience performing maintenance on tractors and other farming equipment.
- The ability to carry out duties unsupervised, in harsh weather conditions and during irregular hours when required.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Superb health and safety knowledge.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources