Farm Managers supervise staff, monitor crops and animals, and handle various administrative tasks. They prepare budgets, purchase supplies, maintain relationships with vendors and clients, and ensure maximum profitability.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Farm Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a Farm Manager with good business sense to join our team. The Farm Manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, crops, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
To be successful as a Farm Manager, you be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
Farm Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Farm Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration is recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources