Interview Questions for Commercial Fishermen:
1. What are some of the dangers experienced by a commercial fisherman on board a fishing vessel?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge and experience.
2. What would you do if a member of your crew decided to keep an illegal catch?
Demonstrates the candidate’s problem-solving and communication skills as well as experience.
3. How do you identify different species of fish?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of the different types of fish, as well as their analytical skills and pertinent experience.
4. What should you consider when planning fishing operations?
Demonstrates the candidate’s industry knowledge, critical thinking skills, and experience.
5. What should you look for when deciding which fish to release into the water?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of fishing laws, observation skills, and experience.