Interview Questions for Oceanographers
1. What's the longest you've stayed out at sea?
Tests experience and resilience.
2. Have you ever operated a submersible vehicle?
Shows skill level and experience.
3. What was your most recent prediction about changes in ocean phenomena?
Tests knowledge and expertise.
4. Which of your research proposals was the least successful at securing a grant? What did you learn from it?
Reveals expertise, experience, and ability to learn.
5. What do you love most about the ocean?