Oceanographers study the oceans to understand how they work, predict changes that may happen, and work out the most sustainable ways to use their resources.
When interviewing oceanographers, suitable candidates will have spent a lot of time at sea, and will display excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a related field.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Oceanographers
1. What's the longest you've stayed out at sea?
Tests experience and resilience.
2. Have you ever operated a submersible vehicle?
Shows skill level and experience.
3. What was your most recent prediction about changes in ocean phenomena?
Tests knowledge and expertise.
4. Which of your research proposals was the least successful at securing a grant? What did you learn from it?
Reveals expertise, experience and ability to learn.
5. What do you love most about the ocean?
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources