Tooling Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled tooling engineer to join our manufacturing team. The tooling engineer’s responsibilities include enhancing existing designs and developing new ones, preparing blueprints for mechanical parts, and providing technical support to clients. You should be able to collaborate with other engineers and manufacturing staff.
To be successful as a tooling engineer, you should demonstrate superb attention to detail and be able to manage your time efficiently. Outstanding tooling engineers should be deadline-driven, meticulous, and consistently produce high-quality work.
Tooling Engineer Responsibilities:
- Using CAD or AutoCAD to analyze existing tooling designs and improve on them.
- Developing blueprints for new tooling designs as per client or project specifications.
- Sharing designs with colleagues and implementing any relevant feedback in the new designs.
- Developing prototypes and testing new designs.
- Carrying out quality assurance tests on new designs.
- Traveling to manufacturing plants and factories to gather information and liaise with manufacturing and design teams.
- Creating blueprints and designs using CAD or AutoCAD.
- Negotiating with vendors and contractors to secure the best deals.
- Scheduling meetings with management and marketing personnel as required.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the Engineering field by expanding networks and attending events.
Tooling Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a relevant discipline.
- A master’s degree is preferable.
- A portfolio of previous work may be advantageous.
- The ability to work independently and to collaborate with others.
- Practical experience using CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- A good eye for detail
- Leadership skills.
- The ability to work long hours.
- The ability to complete projects on time and to specification.