Tooling Engineers work in manufacturing and engineering fields where they prepare tooling designs using CAD software. They work alongside different teams, developing blueprints, testing designs, and improving existing ones.
When interviewing Tooling Engineers, look for candidates who display excellent attention to detail. Avoid those who cannot work well in a team and struggle to collaborate with other engineers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Tooling Engineers:
1. What was the most rewarding project you completed as a Tooling Engineer?
Reveals more about the candidate, their interests, and their potential strengths.
2. What do you think makes a good Tooling design?
Tests the ability to identify quality designs and also reveals the candidate's knowledge of the role.
3. A client is unhappy with your completed Tooling design. How do you respond?
Demonstrates communication, interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
4. Describe a time when you disagreed with another Engineer. How was this resolved?
Shows active listening and conflict resolution skills.
5. What is the greatest challenge you have experienced working with CAD and AutoCAD?
Highlights the candidate's experience and reveals their potential weaknesses.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources