Toll Collector Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced and hardworking toll collector to man toll booths on tolled bridges and highways. As a toll collector, you will be responsible for informing customers of the toll fee, collecting the cash, and providing change. You may also be required to provide drivers with basic directions, maintain cash records, and report drivers who do not pay their tolls.
To ensure success as a toll collector, you should have advanced mathematical skills, good communication skills, and the ability to sit for long periods. A top-class toll collector works quickly and efficiently while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
Toll Collector Responsibilities:
- Collecting the cash float for the day.
- Opening the toll booth and setting up the cash register.
- Collecting toll fees from customers and providing change.
- Providing directions and road information to road users.
- Informing motorists of accidents on the road ahead.
- Reporting dangerous and illegal road users.
- Reporting customers who fail to pay their toll fee.
- Cashing up the register at the end of the shift.
- Locking up the toll booth.
Toll Collector Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work alone for long periods.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Comfortable working with cash.
- Knowledge of national roadways and local attractions.