Interview Questions for Tile Setters:
1. What skills do you think tile setters need to be successful?
Demonstrates the candidate’s understanding of the role and highlights pertinent skills.
2. What techniques should you use when designing tile and marble layouts?
Assesses the candidate’s design skills.
3. How would you ensure that the tile or marble is cut to exact size and specifications?
Gauges the candidate's mathematical and fine-motor skills.
4. What would you do if the client does not like the look of the tiles after the job is complete?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to deal with difficult situations as well as their interpersonal skills.
5. What was the most difficult tiling or marbling job you completed in your previous job?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights industry skills.