Job Description Template for Flooring Installers
We are searching for a trustworthy and capable flooring installer to join our company. The flooring installer will be required to brainstorm and implement effective flooring solutions in consultation with our clients. You should also ensure adherence to our protocols while observing standard safety guidelines.
To be successful as a flooring installer, you should possess the ability to deliver high-quality work within short but reasonable turnaround times. A remarkable flooring installer will recommend ways to improve workflow without sacrificing craftsmanship.
Flooring Installer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and inspecting sites to determine the most appropriate flooring solutions.
- Advising clients about foreseeable costs before installation begins.
- Removing existing flooring and discarding of this material, if applicable.
- Clearing the work surface from dust, debris, and obstructions.
- Preparing the work surface by applying adhesive, grouting, or other appropriate materials.
- Laying wood, carpeting, tiles, concrete, and other types of flooring.
- Ensuring that the flooring materials are well-positioned, secure, and clean.
- Completing the installation by applying appropriate finishes.
- Educating clients about suitable care for their floors.
- Following safe procedures and encouraging clients to do the same, where applicable.
Flooring Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Prior experience as a flooring installer.
- Catalog of completed flooring installations.
- Valid driver's license is preferable.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Ability to install all types of flooring with minimal supervision.
- Capable of independent and group work.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Thorough and efficient.
- Physically fit and able to lift large, heavy equipment and materials.