Roofer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an efficient roofer to repair clients’ existing roofing systems and install new roofing systems where needed. The roofer's responsibilities include removing hazards from roofs, gutters, and adjacent structures, setting up barricades and warning lines, and performing all tasks necessary for roof maintenance. You should also be able to provide guidance to unskilled workers.
To be successful as a roofer, you should be able to maintain good working relationships with clients and other contractors. Ultimately, an outstanding Roofer will ensure that all safety standards and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Inspecting the structure of roofs in order to determine the best course of action.
- Providing clients with estimates on labor costs and materials required to fix or build a roof.
- Measuring and cutting materials to ensure that they fit securely around vents, gutters, chimneys, and walls.
- Smoothing out rough spots on roofs to prepare the surface for new shingles or waterproofing.
- Replacing areas of clients’ roofs that are damaged or rotting.
- Installing vapor barriers and insulation to create a more waterproof seal.
- Safely setting up ladders, scaffolding, and hoisting equipment as required.
- Updating the supervisor on job progress and reporting any problems related to the job.
- Safely transporting all required equipment and materials to job sites.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license.
- State roofer's license.
- Proven roofing or general construction experience.
- Working knowledge of different roofing systems.
- Sound knowledge of business ordinances.
- The ability to lift heavy materials and tools.
- The ability to use powered hand tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.