Interview Questions for Thoracic Surgeons:
1. What qualities do you think make a good thoracic surgeon?
Tests the candidate’s understanding of the role and their suitability for the position.
2. How would you conduct a pre-surgery consultation?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of procedures, as well as their communication and interpersonal skills.
3. What is the most challenging surgery that you have completed to date?
Assesses skill level, experience, and also highlights potential strengths and weaknesses.
4. What inspired you to become a thoracic surgeon?
Reveals more about the candidate’s character and their motivations.
5. What contributions do you hope to make to the medical field?
Reveals the candidate’s potential, as well as their short and long-term goals.