Neurosurgeons perform surgeries to treat disorders, illnesses, and injuries of the nervous system to remove tumors, relieve chronic pain, and treat wounds. Neurosurgeons may also correct deformities and treat illnesses of the spinal cord.
When interviewing Neurosurgeons, look for candidates with an excellent working knowledge of microsurgeries, as well as leadership skills. Take note of candidates who lack experience and demonstrate a lack of communication and interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Neurosurgeons:
1. What would you do if you saw a surgeon on your team about to make a mistake during surgery?
Demonstrates candidates leadership skills and ability to work under pressure.
2. What equipment would you expect to use during microsurgery?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of microsurgery techniques and tools.
3. How would you deliver the news of a loss during surgery to the patient's family?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills, as well as empathy and ability to handle stressful situations.
4. What is your opinion on the latest developments in Neurosurgery?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to remain up-to-date on recent trends, information, and developments.
5. How do you handle working in a physically and mentally demanding field?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to compartmentalize their work and stay focused on the job at hand.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources