Neurologist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a neurologist with outstanding medical knowledge of anatomy, physiology, the central nervous system, and other body systems. Neurologists are expected to have excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills with the ability to communicate effectively to patients and staff.
To ensure success, neurologists should have fantastic organizational and time management skills, and superb practical and diagnostic skills. Top candidates will be familiar with research methods and have a willingness to keep up to date with advances in treatments.
- Diagnosing complex medical problems by referring to a patient’s history, examining them, and conducting neurological tests.
- Counseling patients on neurological disorders and their background.
- Ordering neurological tests and interpreting the results of neuroimaging studies.
- Prescribing and/or administering treatment and medication.
- Monitoring the behavioral and cognitive side effects of treatment and medication.
- Ordering supportive care services for patients.
- Participating in neuroscience research activities.
- Liaising with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- Keeping up-to-date with neurological developments, treatments, and medication.
- Performing specialized treatments such as sleep disorders, neuroimmunology, neuro-oncology, behavioral neurology, and neurogenetics.
- Performing and interpreting lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography, and nerve conduction velocity tests.
- Degree in medicine or osteopathy (essential).
- Accreditation with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- 3 years of specialty training in an accredited neurology residency program (essential).
- Current state medical license and Federal DEA license (essential).
- Completed U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (essential).
- 3 years of experience practicing as a Neurologist.
- Fantastic counseling and listening skills.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Fantastic research skills.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great management and leadership skills.