A Neurosurgeon examines and diagnoses disorders of or injuries to the nervous system, and performs surgeries on the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves to treat these conditions. The Neurosurgeon will remove tumors, relieve chronic pain, and correct deformities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Neurosurgeon Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable Neurosurgeon to be responsible for performing surgeries to assist in rectifying medical conditions that affect the spinal cord, brain, and peripheral nerves. The Neurosurgeon will oversee and coordinate a team of surgeons and nurses to perform surgeries to remove tumors, relieve chronic pain, and treat wounds, vascular disorders, and diseases.
To be successful as a Neurosurgeon, you should have a strong working knowledge of microsurgeries and have excellent hand-eye coordination. You should have steady hands, strong leadership skills, and the ability to work under stress and pressure.
- Overseeing and coordinating teams of surgeons and nurses in the operating theater.
- Operating microscopes for surgeries to perform microsurgeries.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting results of diagnostic tests, such as MRIs, PET scans, and CT scans.
- Assessing and diagnosing patients, prescribing treatments, and monitoring the patients' progress.
- Meeting with families of patients in surgery and keeping them updated.
- Handling unscheduled emergency surgeries.
- Working with psychiatrists, therapists, and neurologists, and consulting with other departments.
- Performing basic administrative and business tasks, such as keeping records, writing prescriptions, and filling out paperwork.
- Keeping up with new discoveries and attending academic conferences.
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in Neurosurgery.
- A license and certification to practice Neurosurgery.
- The ability to read and interpret diagnostic reports.
- A thorough knowledge of human anatomy and microsurgery techniques.
- Excellent hand dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to handle physically and mentally demanding tasks, and work under intense pressure and stress.
- The flexibility to handle a constantly shifting schedule.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources