Test Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a test technician to handle the testing of products developed by our company for public release. In this role, you will be required to plan, conduct, and report on testing done to products under development as well as provide advice and feedback to relevant stakeholders.
To ensure success as a test technician you should be highly gifted at mathematics, have a passion for design and testing, and be willing to work in a variety of locations. A superb test technician has an excellent understanding of relevant legislation along with impeccable report-writing and verbal communication abilities.
Test Technician Responsibilities:
- Testing products for safety, capacities, compliance, and performance.
- Examining and investigating specific aspects and components of products in question.
- Compiling reports on findings and testing data gathered.
- Providing recommendations and advice to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintaining lab and testing equipment regularly.
- Discussing findings with other team members.
- Implementing changes in testing protocols as required.
- Consulting with senior management about testing results.
- Reporting any issues through the appropriate channels.
- Recommending technical and procedural additions to test processes.
Test Technician Requirements:
- An associate's degree in non-destructive testing, applied technology, or similar.
- Certification as a testing technician in our specified business area.
- Two years' experience as a production test technician, product tester or similar role.
- Proficiency in testing procedures and protocols.
- Analytical thinking and abilities.
- Report writing and document analysis skills.
- Ability to work with data and numbers.
- Problem-solving skills and decisive knowledge of appropriate testing methods.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Comfortable with industry-specific testing equipment and software.
- Knowledge of testing equipment maintenance and storage procedures.